Re: social contract

In article <199711200221.VAA11990@jupiter.cs.uml.edu>,
Albert D. Cahalan <acahalan@cs.uml.edu> wrote:
>First it was procps patches kept private. The original author
>had to take it back so that non-Debian systems could have
>a good version.
>
>Now I hear sysvinit is also being kept private.

Duh.. oh I forget we're on usenet.

>Is it really that hard to upload to sunsite.unc.edu and
>tsx-11.mit.edu in standard .tar.gz format? (maybe you could
>substitute .cpio.bzip2 if you like that better, but NOT .deb)
>Nobody expects an .rpm, which wouldn't be fair to Slackware
>and do-it-yourself users anyway.

I announced sysvinit-2.72 on comp.os.linux.announce several weeks
ago, even added the lsm which lists sunsite.unc.edu as the primary
site. *I* cannot help it that it has been stuck in incoming for
weeks now!

Besides as secondary site I listed ftp.debian.org, so everybody can
get it even though it's not in place on sunsite.

Mike.
--
   Miquel van      | Cistron Internet Services   --    Alphen aan den Rijn.
   Smoorenburg,    | mailto:info@cistron.nl          http://www.cistron.nl/