Re: Intent to package: eggdrop

Previously James Troup wrote:
> [..snip..] however I have and will continue to claim that packaging
> IRC robots so that *anyone* can run one is evil.

I don't think evil is the right word here. What you mean to say
seems you don't want to make it easy for people to do possibly
un-nice things.

> I know some 12 year olds who desperately want to run a bot but who can't,
> thankfully, compile eggdrop.

And even if they had the binary, they couldn't configure it. Most of the
times configuring something is much harder then compiling it.

> [1] [Netgod: don't mix the two things, I think dpkg[the bot] is evil
> because of the lame stuff it does,

I have to agree I'm not very fond of seeing forunes every couple of minutes
in irc.debian.org...

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@wi.LeidenUniv.nl
WWW: http://www.wi.leidenuniv.nl/~wakkerma/