Re: Intent to package: eggdrop

David Damerell <damerell@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> I don't think this is a problem; the evil and bright people can get
> hold of things like this whether or not there is a debian package,
> and the evil and stupid people can't do so much damage by virtue of
> being, well, stupid.

It doesn't make much intelligence to run dpkg -i, certainly it takes
less (or appears to take less, which in this context is equally
important), than compiling an eggdrop from the source.

And as for configuration and evil & stupid people, part of the damage
is going to come from stupid people using a braindead configuration.
(Again, simple configuration of an eggdrop is easier than compilation
from source)

--
James