Re: Bug log ordering

Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> Raul: thanks for your suggestion wrt CGI scripts.  I don't really want
> to make such heavy use of CGI scripts because it would make it much
> harder to run mirrors of the bug system.  At the moment the bug system
> is just a pile of files which you can put in a webserver.

The cgi script wouldn't have to run on the same system.  It's
a pretty simple script (see below), just change input mechanism
from <> to something based on use CGI;

--
Raul

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

=head1 NAME

reversebug - quick hack to reverse displayed order of bug reports from default.

=head1 SYNOPSIS

reversebug <before >after
or
reversebug before >after

[intended for eventual use in cgi-bin, but not quite yet]

=head1 DESCRIPTION

transforms auto-generated text -- such as is currently generated by
Debian's bug report system -- from reverse chrono order to regular
chrono order.  Is not likely to do anything to other text.

If used in a cgi context this code should be changed to modify links
such that they point through the cgi mechanism.  Change the synopsis
when you do this.

=cut

$num=0;
$part[$num]="";