Re: Raw list of overlaps between hamm and bo

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> >Overlap hamm/perl_5.004.02-1 and bo/CGI-modules_2.75-13:
> >   usr/lib/perl5/CGI.pm
> >   usr/lib/perl5/CGI/Carp.pm
> >   usr/lib/perl5/CGI/Fast.pm
> >   usr/lib/perl5/CGI/Push.pm
> >   usr/man/man3/CGI.3pm.gz
> >   usr/man/man3/CGI::Carp.3pm.gz
> >   usr/man/man3/CGI::Fast.3pm.gz
> >   usr/man/man3/CGI::Push.3pm.gz
>
> 	CGI-modules is an obsolete package, and I'll the replacement
>  libcgi-perl diverts the conflicting files away. Again, I'm not sure
>  how to proceed here.

If CGI-modules is obsolete, perhaps perl can simply conflict with it.
dselect might even be smart enough to notice that libcgi-perl can
replace CGI-modules, and offer to do so when it tries to resolve the
conflict.  (libcgi-perl has Conflicts and Replaces lines for
CGI-modules).

Note that libcgi-perl does not (that I can see) use diversions,
instead it has Replaces: perl.

Richard Braakman