Re: bashims in debian/rules

Arto Astala wrote:
> one useful trick sometimes appearing in #!/some/exe constructs
> is to use /usr/bin/env (virtually guaranteed to be in this
> location) to search path, like this:
>
> #!/usr/bin/env bash -a -n -y --options --and files
>
> I did not check FHS but if it is not specified there it should be
> (better than fixing locations for perl, python etc.)
>
> could something similar be applied here?

Hmm, env doesn't exist under Solaris except when GNU shellutils are
installed.  In all cases it will not reside under /usr/bin :-(
So we should tell the sys-admin to install env in /usr/bin or bash in /bin.
I think we can assume bash to be under /bin.  In fact, our local sys-admin
installed it so.
BTW, it's less work to move bash to /bin than to add a SHELL line to each
makefile.

Regards.