Re: fat32 in installation vfat module?

> > Ehm, AFAIK there is no fat32 module for linux available.So what should
> > we do?
>
> That's not true.
>
> http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/people/chaffee/fat32.html
>
> (for the 2.0.31 patch)
>
> The development kernel has had FAT-32 support since 2.1.60.
>
> Perhaps we should add the patch to our boot disks?
>
> Cheers,
>
>  - Jim

That's all I'm asking.  Again, I don't really know what's involved, but if
the base install supported fat32, that would open up more people to the
ability to install Debian via ftp at absolutely no cost (except, of
course, isp fees).

I definitely understand that there are weightier (is that a word?) issues
out there, like getting Debian 2.0 ready :).  Should I just not worry
about this for now and write my 'Beginner's Debian Installation Guide' as
the situation now stands?

thanks,
matty