possible suggestion for dpkg

Hi. I have a possible suggestion for dpkg
When you set up permissions outside of a package with suidregister,
that is, by executing it without specifying a package name,
if the file you have set permissions for is modified by dpkg
e.g by installing a new package version, then the permissions are lost.
Would it be possible to modify dpkg to call suidregister (if its installed)
To reset permissions after each install?
Or is there a good reason to not do this?
I suppose it would be easy enough to write a script to do it, but it would be  nice if it was done automatically.
Or perhaps, the suidregister package could have a cron entry to run it every day to reset permissions.
What do you think?
Aaron

--
Aaron Howell.	Q.U.T Equity Department, Technical Support/Training.
work: a.howell@qut.edu.au	Linux/Networking Support.