Re: cryptic dpkg-source error

Will Lowe wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, Richard Braakman wrote:
> > I assume this is the debian/control file.  If dpkg-source complains it
> > must be about the control file that dpkg-gencontrol has put in
> > debian/tmp/DEBIAN/control.  Can you show us that one?  And also your
> There isn't one.  dpkg-source fails before it even builds the binaries.

Erm.  Yes.  dpkg-source.  I had some wires crossed I guess :)

I tried dpkg-source on a package containing exactly the control file
you mailed to the list, and it worked fine.  So it must be something

I experimented a bit with changes to the control file that might have
been lost in the process of transfering it to mail, and I found that I
can reproduce your error exactly by adding two newlines at the end of
it.  Do you have excess whitespace at the end of your control file?

Richard Braakman