debsums priority standard?

I got a suggestion to make the debsums package priority standard. Both
debmake and debhelper produce packages with md5sums. Some maintainers also
have manually equipped their packages with md5sums. The debsums package
includes scripts to check the integrity of packages installed with md5sums
and is quite small.