Re: upgrading to hamm completely

On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, Will Lowe wrote:

> I've been having problems with /var/run/utmp being corrupted lately,  so I
> decided to update my base packages to make sure they're all from hamm.
>
> So I pointed dselect at ftp.debian.org and downloaded the new Packages
> file,  updated my available options, then went into "select" -- and I
> notice that most of the packages I have already installed are now marked
> for removal -- why is this?

Define "most of the packages I have already installed".

Upgrading to hamm will require the complete replacement of every '-dev'
package on your system.  If you haven't already read the Mini-HOWTO
accessable from my homepage, do so now.

--
Scott K. Ellis <storm@gate.net>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/