Re: * Formal call for the removal of Dave Cinege *

On Sat, Oct 25, 1997 at 08:56:33PM -0500, Dave Cinege wrote:
> >Yes, I agree with Bruce's actions. Why? Because he is doing a good job!
> *Was* doing a good job IMHO.
>
> >My proof is that the project is going well.
> Was.
>
> >What would another leader do differently?
>           (could)
>
> Not stiffle dissent.
> Not banish people.
> Not claim rights this free international project with his private company.
> Not over control every aspect. (deity war comes to mind)

In what way is the project not going well? The next version is coming
along reasonably, the user base continues to grow, and we are getting
good press, cover CDs etc.

As to SPI, you're just being rediculous. If you feel you're being
banished, then it's because you're making a negative and DESTRUCTIVE
contribution to the project, and we don't need that.

Basically the facts are, Dave, that you became embittered with Bruce
when the change in minor release numbering occurred because it didn't
meet your own business interests, or because for whatever reason
you just didn't agree with it. As somebody else said today/yesterday
on debian-devel, in a project this size you cannot expect everyone
to agree with every decision made. Instead of moving on though
you keep attacking Bruce.

As to stifling dissent, I can't see how -- he announced your own
debian-dissent list on debian-announce!

Frankly this is becoming a bit tiresome.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt, StudIEAust              hamish@debian.org, hmoffatt@mail.com
Student, computer science & computer systems engineering.    3rd year, RMIT.