Re: MuPAD

> > 	Does anyone know the status of packaging MuPAD ?

> MuPAD isn't anywhere close to non-free, was it? (Maybe I am really wrong here).

> And, if MuPad really is GPL'd (I may well be wrong here), I am interested.

	You must be thinking of something else.  The source code isn't
even available.  The license prohibits redistribution of anything.
I'm not sure which version this applies to, however. You download a
slightly disabled version and then register for a key to fully enable
it.  I know it was on sunsite a couple of years ago.  I'll have to write
them and see what we can do .
	Unfortunatly, I don't know of any comparable software which is
more free than this. There are some nice looking bits and pieces, some of
it GPL'd , but nothing of this scale.  I am  a little surprised that there
is not a comparable open project.

G John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>