Re: pppd

I had a similar problem.  I resolved it by doing a
	dpkg --purge pppd
then I reinstalled pppd.  Then I just read the file
/usr/doc/pppd/README.debian and followed the directions on setting things
up (per the new and different file locations).  The current pppd dopesn't
upgrade from old pppd versions gracefully.

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.inconnect.com/~andersen/
                   email:  andersee@debian.org