PAM support in Samba

Hi,

what you all think about creating a new libc6 Samba package without
PAM support? I am asking because the current Debian package is libc5
based and is quite old. However, I can not release an updated libc6
Samba package because it depends on libpam0, libpam-util and libpwdb,
which are still libc5 based.

What I am thinking is to release a libc6 Samba package _without_
PAM support just while the PAM libraries are updated. When this
happens I will put in PAM support in Samba again.

I think Samba is so important that we should start testing it as soon as
possible.

So, what are your comments? Anyone out there using PAM with Samba
seriously?

Thanks,

E.-

--