Re: GNOME

> > If no-one is already packaging GNOME, I'll start doing it now.

> Please do so.

OK. Looks like it's A fast moving target (as well that all the tools it depends on),
like it refused to compile with hamm guile/gtk, so I guess have to release the first
version to experimental, and try to keep up to development.

> [about designating them our preferred desktop]
> > 100% Agree (but let's wait it mature). We could send them a support message
> > to puch the spirit and give their project clear future.

> I was very impressed with what I saw in Aachen. The problem is that too many
> people are writing for Qt now - more on that in a later message.

For what I have (Briefly) examined, it seeems that QT and GTK are fundamentaly similar,
so when GTK comes mainstream, it will be easy for them to port their stuff to GTK.

> I think what I would like to do is get the Debian packages out, and
> put out a message of support for the GNOME project on debian-announce, and
> then do whatever we can to assist the project.

Are you sure you want to advertisize packages that don't even run on Hamm? Relax, time
is on our side (in this case:). I'll try to release something before I leave for weekend.

Riku Voipio