Re: no substvars for ssh 1.20

Stephen Zander <srz@mckesson.com> writes:

> So why, then, would debian/rules look for it but not call dpkg-shlibdeps to create it?  More impotantly, is there a down-side to my creating a zero-length file?

debian/rules shouldn't be looking for the file, but dpkg-gencontrol
will fail if there are variable substitutions it can't preform.
Obviously if the substvars file doesn't exist at all, then any
variable substition will trigger an error.

In almost all cases, a package containing compiled binaries will be
calling dpkg-shlibdeps to determine the shared lib dependencies.

Guy