reply-to headers

On Fri, 17 Oct 1997, joost witteveen wrote:

[please do not cc copies of this to me:-)]

> I agree with James: it's evil.

The url in question makes some points.. I don't know, I think many of them
are questionable, and the other lists where it has been put into place,
while not as high traffic as this one, do function quite well.

> The reason it's evil: it means I cannot reply to the original poster
> any more. (Well, I can, but it's suddenly much harder).

It's 'hard' for me to edit the header every time to stave off the
'incredible growing cc list':-)  I find those huge cc lists sort of
annoying, when %90 of the time they aren't necessary.

> I really hate it when I want to remark something in private to the
> poster, and suddenly it goes to the mailinglist!

Then look at your header before you send...

Oh well, this isn't worth the bandwidth, if people don't want this, it's
not that big a deal to edit the header.

So I guess unless anyone else really wants a reply-to, we should end this.

Ciao,

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org