ARP server

Ladies and Gentlemen,
at our institute we are building up an ATM network. Therefore we are
using the ATM switch Cellplex 4000 by 3Com (identical to IBM 8285),
which unfortunately has no ARP server functionality. From a newsgroup
I'ver heard that debian has a software package, which delivers a
software ARP server realisation. I would be very thankful if you could
give me some information about it and tell me if we can use it for our
problem.
Thank you very much in advance.

Best Regards,
Stefanie Mayer