Re: DNS lookups (was: something completely different on -private)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: DNS lookups (was: something completely different on -private)
- From: Carey Evans <email@example.com>
- Date: 13 Oct 1997 21:53:32 +1300
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: email@example.com's message of "12 Oct 1997 22:31:00 +0200"
- References: <Pine.PMDF.3.95.971009182741.15012A-100000@ber> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <m0xJjK8-00IdTXC@golem.pixar.com> <6fkyKL2mw-B@khms.westfalen.de>
email@example.com (Kai Henningsen) writes:
> I haven't tracked that down yet, but I suspect some change in libc6.
> In any case, I've temporarily worked around it by making sure that every
> IP used to fire up diald is locally known to my name server - /etc/hosts
> wasn't enough.
libc6 uses /etc/nsswitch.conf. I had to upgrade base-files (i think)
to get it. The relevant line in mine is:
hosts: files dns
Carey Evans <*> http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/c.evans/ gc
kernel: Warning: possible SYN flooding. Sending cookies.
kernel: validated probe(100007f, 100007f, 11557, 5010, -1645409555)
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .