Re: pristine sources?

Paul,

  Paul>  I've got a few outstanding bug reports filed against me that
  Paul> basically say I can use pristene sources instead of repacking them.
  Paul> I wasn't able to find out exactly -how- to do that.. could someone
  Paul> fill me in?

You need a recent dpkg (ie from hamm). Then it is simply a matter of renaming
the existing upstream tarball according to our conventions, ie as
	package_x.y-z.orig.tar.gz
and putting it above the current working directory. That does the trick.

At least, it worked for me.

Cheers, Dirk

--
 edd@debian.org   http://rosebud.sps.queensu.ca/~edd   PGP KeyID 1024/6D7F08DD