Re: State of debian egcs

joost witteveen wrote:

> > On Fri, 3 Oct 1997, Galen Hazelwood wrote:
> >
> > > As for getting the new c++ development stuff to coexist with the
> > > old...don't hold your breath.  It probably won't be possible.  The only
> >
> > Can't you simply put one in /usr/include/g++-28 and one in
> > /usr/include/g++-272 then adjust the compilers search path accordingly..
> > Otherwise it's impossible to test a program with egcs and gcc :< (ie
> > basically pointless to have both compilers installed)
>
> Well, I preferred something like /usr/include/g++ for libg++272,
> and /usr/include/g++-egcs (or whatever) for libg++28. But the idea
> is the same, and I'd say this would work.

Okay, sure.  I could do that by hacking up cpp's default paths.  Not too much
problem.

But what do I do about linking?  I suppose I could put the .so links and static
libraries into /usr/lib/egcs-lib, and "cheat" on the linking specs so it looks
there first.  But it would probably take me a while to figure out how to do it.

coexist, it's going to take extra time.

--Galen