Re: Why do we need a base *section*?

[Nicol_s Lichtmaier] said:
> On Thu, 2 Oct 1997, Vincent Renardias wrote:
> > If so, I think we should 're-organise' base; that is adding in this
> > section ALL the packages used by the boot floppies, and moving somewhere
> > else packages NOT used in boot floppies (cfgtool comes to mind)...
>
>  Why? What's the point in having all those packages together? Why should
> someone looking for somthing in the ftpsite care about if the package was
> included in the boot floppies? That makes no sense to me...

I agree. However, the "base" packages could be put into more appropriate
places, then the "base" directory could be populated with symlinks to all the
packages needed for "base".

--
Scott Barker
Linux Consultant

[ I try to reply to all e-mail within 3 days. If you don't   ]
[ get a response by then, I probably didn't get your e-mail. ]
[ Unsolicited commercial and junk e-mail will be proof-read for US$100 ]

"Seriousness is the only refuge of the shallow."
   - Oscar Wilde