Re: Why do we need a base *section*?

[Nicol_s Lichtmaier] said:
> On Thu, 2 Oct 1997, Vincent Renardias wrote:
> > If so, I think we should 're-organise' base; that is adding in this
> > section ALL the packages used by the boot floppies, and moving somewhere
> > else packages NOT used in boot floppies (cfgtool comes to mind)...
>  Why? What's the point in having all those packages together? Why should
> someone looking for somthing in the ftpsite care about if the package was
> included in the boot floppies? That makes no sense to me...

I agree. However, the "base" packages could be put into more appropriate
places, then the "base" directory could be populated with symlinks to all the
packages needed for "base".

Scott Barker
Linux Consultant
http://www.mostlylinux.ab.ca/scott/   (under construction)

[ I try to reply to all e-mail within 3 days. If you don't   ]
[ get a response by then, I probably didn't get your e-mail. ]
[ Unsolicited commercial and junk e-mail will be proof-read for US$100 ]

"Seriousness is the only refuge of the shallow."
   - Oscar Wilde