ssh going nuts!

Hi,

In our group we have a single Debian machine surrounded by a bunch of
Redhats:( We have secure shell installed on all, but it behaves  weird
on Redhats from time to time. The problem is that when you try to get a
remote shell using ssh, you may be denied access to the remote host and
get the message "you don't exist, go away!". I suppose it's a bug, as it
doesn't happen all the time and moreover, if you keep on trying after a
couple of failures, you finally get through!

Any clue?

Regards,
Peyman