Library policy (Was: Packages depending on each other)

joost witteveen wrote:

> > Hi Joost,
> >
> > > Note that when making a libc6 package, you'll have to change the
> > > names of the package etc. There's a good document about how to do
> > > that somewhere (mail me if you don't have it).
> >
> > Uhhmmm... I thought that incrementing the version number was enough.
> > I think I should read that document you mention. Do you have a copy
> > of it you can send to me?
> http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/debian-policy/related-docs/libc6-migration.text

Hmm. Kewl. Then, if I'm packaging a brand-new lib I still must
provide an imlibg1 and imlibg1-dev? I don't see the point, as
all imlib-using programs will be packaged for libc6.

If I REALLY must provide a libc5 version, is there any EASY way
to do this with debstd?

[]s,
                                               +----
--