Re: autobuilding, pgp signing, security

On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, joost witteveen wrote:

>> The machine will not have a pgp key. The special packaging account will
>> have one. Packages will be build under one special user account which can
>> be protected with a directory mode 700 on top so that no one can spy into
>> things.
>
>But then it isn't "auto-building" any more!
>Anyway, the above solution would be my "preferred" solution, but
>really I think just a "true" autobuild procedure is OK too.

Certainly it is autobuilding. Just have the user account run some cron
jobs. That is the nice feature of your fakeroot package. Building is
possible with any user account without superuser priviledges. No root
access, no machine authentication necessary. Protect the homedir of the
autobuild user appropriately and the thing should be quite secure.