Re: Handling Typical Installations

On 28 Sep 1997, Guy Maor wrote:

> The profiles would be chosen so they were neither conflicts nor unmet
> dependencies.  The more advanced user could also select profiles and
> then go into dselect and adjust them.

I like your idea with one concern. With an evolving stable like we have it
may not be possible to assure this. Ie after testing is done and we say,
yes this works, it may turn out that 2.0r5 will intruduce a new
dependancy.

We could likely drum up a tool that will check if a set of package lists
is consistant if this seems to be an issue.

Jason