Re: RPM (Was Re: Deity project schedule problems)

On Tue, 23 Sep 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:

> > strictly from a "user's" point of view, the first time i ran 'dselect'
> > i found it to be one of the most confusing and non-intuitive interfaces
> > i've ever encountered.
>
> There are certainly a lot of users or ex-users who feel exactly as you do.
> This is what bothers me, and why I bring this issue up frequently.

Which are the alternatives? glint? We already have a glint for debs.
Yes, I heard about that this evening, and there it is, sitting in
project/experimental (thanks Klee!), waiting for alpha testers to try it,
and provide feedback (of course, some parts may be broken, that's why it
is in experimental). I wish I knew a word about Python to help with
that myself...

So I have to ask again: It is a lot of work to switch to RPM, what
are the benefits?

	Thanks,
--
Enrique Zanardi					ezanardi@noah.dfis.ull.es