Re: Support for $HOME mailboxes

Dave Cinege said:
> On Sun, 21 Sep 1997 17:58:38 -0600 (MDT), Scott Barker wrote:
> >Are there any plans to support home directory mailboxes under debian in the
> >near future?
>
> qmail already works like this.

I was thinking more along the lines of global support. I know qmail supports
it, but procmail, qpopper, etc. do not. They have options to support it if
they are recompiled, but they don't have any command line or config file
options to support it. For now, I've just been rebuilding them from the debian
source after changing the necessary config options, and installing my modified
package. It would be nice if there were run-time options, or even two
different packages (for example qpopper_spool and qpopper_home).

--
Scott Barker
Linux Consultant

[ I try to reply to all e-mail within 3 days. If you don't   ]
[ get a response by then, I probably didn't get your e-mail. ]
[ Unsolicited commercial and junk e-mail will be proof-read for US$100 ]

"I wish to say what I think & feel today, with the proviso that tomorrow
   perhaps I shall contradict it all."
   - Ralph Waldo Emerson