Re: kde directory structure

Christoph Lameter wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Sep 1997, Fabrizio Polacco wrote:
>
> >One of the things that I've heard as a distinction between RedHat and
> >debian is that we don't _permit_ others to package their software by
> >themself, as opposed to red hat that accepts contributions from
> >everyone.
>
> We do permit other to package their software with our tools.

Yes, I know. I said that I've heard people thinking that of debian (in
fact when someone springd out in debian-devel saying "I've packaged
this, how can I upload to contrib" (propably confusing our contrib's
role with the one used by redHat), he always get the reply: "You have to
become a debian developer and apply for an account on master".

Fabrizio