Re: database of maintainers

In message <[🔎] 8790wttf71.fsf@tiamat.datasync.com>, Manoj writes:
  >Hi,
  >>>"Oliver" == Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:
  >
  >Oliver> PostgreSQL is the new name of Postgres95.
  >
  >Oliver> Postgres95 (version 1.09 was the last) has lots of bugs -
  >Oliver> don't use it; instead use PostgreSQL which started with
  >Oliver> release 6.0 and is about to release version 6.2..
  >
  >	I see that msql and mysql both have perl bindings. Does
  > PostgreSQL also have a Perl binding?

I believe that it does, though I have not used it.

  >      is  PostgreSQL available as a
  > Debian package yet?

Only Postgres95 so far.  I believe it's maintainer is working on the
new PostgreSQL release.

I have compiled PostgreSQL 6.2beta8 but have had problems which I believe
are connected with my using libc6, so I can't give you a package of it
yet.

Isle of Wight                                  http://lfix.co.uk/oliver

     Make it idiot-proof, and someone will breed a better idiot.