www-data uid and gid problems

	I have noticed that postgres 6.1 has problems with usernames
or groups that have dashes "-" in them.  We are trying to use apache
to authenticate to a postgres database.  Its easy for us to get around
the problem, just by modifying the passwd and group files.  It gets
annoying though, to need to change the uid and gid back to www-data just
to install/upgrade apache.

	This might pose problems with other non-debian applications that
cannot parse the unix password file correctly.  I don't know if this is a
debian-policy problem or just a base-passwd issue, since all debian web
servers use www-data.

	Should I submit a bug report on apache, base-passwd, or
debian-policy, that is if people think this is a problem.

						Alex