Re: new section for security related packages

On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, joost witteveen wrote:

> > Second, I would like to add a new section for security related
> > packages.  Existing packages like tripwire would fall into this new
> > section.
>
> What's wrong with "admin"? That's at the moment a rather small
> section anyway (only 3184 kbytes on my mirror), and fits the
> description nicely. Creating extra sections with (at the moment)
> rather few packages in them doens't seem very usefull to me.

I agree that minimizing the number of sections is a good thing.
However, clustering all packages together that deal with security
makes it simpler to assess what's available in this important area.
RedHat uses this effectively and gives the impression that security is
a high priority for their distribution.

--
Jean Pierre