Re: Chord Package

Eduardo Marcel Macan wrote:
> 	Besides, I'd like someone with patience and time to answer some
> questions about uploading packages, I've got to make them, but was not
> able to upload them yet. I think it would be more productive if someone
> taught me, so I could write a "recipe" to other disoriented new
> maintainers (like me). I don't want to fill the list with newbie questions
> about uploading packages...

First of all, read the documentation in the developers-reference package.

Second, you need an account on master.  In order to do this, we need to
verify that you are a real person so we can beat up on you if you upload
a trojan horse package that does 'rm -rf /'.  So when you send a message
to <new-maintainer@debian.org>, Klee Dienes will contact you before an
account is created.  Unfortunately, I know Klee is very busy, so sometimes
it takes a while.

Once all that is done, you can upload files into the Incoming directory
on master.  I recommend using the dupload package to do this - that way
you are less likely to make a mistake.

Cheers,

 - Jim