Signing a package

Is it necessary to use "sudo" to sign a package when running
"dpkg-buildpackage"?  The only examples I have seen have used -rsudo.
I prefer not to use this if I can avoid it.

The group I work with has settled on using ssh or kerberos
authentication for actions that require super user permission.  I am
reluctant to install sudo simply so I can sign a package I create.
Using sudo would be against our current practice and, more importantly, I
will then be the person responsible for ensuring that it doesn't leave
security holes.  This means I have to be very careful how I configure
it.  Reading the "sudoers" manual page was not pleasant.  I had
visions of having to embark on a project similar to configuring
sendmail simply so I could do one trivial action.  (Regretably this
caused me to vent at a person who was trying to help me. I apologize
Dirk).

I would ask for one of three options:
 1) Please tell me what I would need to do by hand running as a regular
    user to sign packages I create using "dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc".
    I do have pgp (for me, the pgp-us package) installed and have created
    a key.
 2) Please tell me if I can use a -r"ssh ..." option to
    dpkg-buildpackage.  I would already have executed ssh-agent and
    ssh-add.  I tried a couple of obvious incantations like
		      -r"ssh -l root localhost"
    but that didn't work, presumably because I lose some environment
    variables and the current working directory upon the creation of
    the new shell.
 3) Please describe a minimal, secure /etc/sudoers file that would
    allow me to use dpkg-buildpackage -rsudo but not let the bad guys
    get root access.
--
Douglas Bates                            bates@stat.wisc.edu
Statistics Department                    608/262-2598