Re: 3270 terminal emulator for Debian/Linux?
- To: Christian Schwarz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Debian Development <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: 3270 terminal emulator for Debian/Linux?
- From: Jeff Noxon <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 1 Sep 1997 09:04:14 -0500
- Message-id: <19970901090414.09369@xyzzy>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.3.96.970831195337.6430C-100000@monet>; from Christian Schwarz on Sun, Aug 31, 1997 at 07:56:44PM +0200
- References: <Pine.LNX.3.96.970831195337.6430C-100000@monet>
Christian Schwarz wrote:
> I need a 3270 (actually 3278) terminal emulator for a Debian system which
> has no X window system (so I can't use x3270). I found a tn3270 5.1.0
> package on the Internet, but it's quite old (I think it's dated 1994).
> So I'm wondering which programs others use. (I might create a Debian
> package if there is need for that.)
> Anyways, I tried to access a MVS IBM mainframe with the tn3270. It seemed
> to work, but the screen is screwed up. Does someone have any experience
> with this and can give me a hint?
I am running some version of tn3270 on my linux box, and it works very
well with the exception of the screwed up screen. (I'm also connecting to
an MVS mainframe, and I get a lot of extra reverse video, but everything
else is just fine.)
Getting tn3270 to compile was enough of a hassle, so I didn't bother
with the screen details. But my brief net search didn't reveal any
newer versions of tn3270 than the 5.1.0 you mention. A few months ago
someone asked about tn3270 and nobody volunteered any real information.
If you want my hacked up sources for tn3270, let me know.
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to email@example.com .