analog copyright question

I was looking at analog's copyright today, and I think it needs to go into
non-free. :-( I'm looking for a second opinion from someone more legally
knowledable than I..

Here's the copyright:

Analog is copyright (C) Stephen R. E. Turner 1995 - 1997, except those parts
written by other people.
This licence describes the conditions under which you may use, modify and
distribute version 2.11 of analog ("the program"). Except where stated,
the conditions of this licence apply equally to the source code for the
program, as well as to any compiled version. If you are unable or unwilling
to accept these conditions in full, then, notwithstanding the conditions in
the remainder of this licence, you may not use, modify or distribute the
program at all. Text in square brackets is intended for guidance only and does
not form part of the licence in any way.
[Analog is free software. This licence is designed not to restrict your
freedom except insofar as is necessary to ensure that the program remains free
for all. Of course, I don't refuse donations!]

1) Any action which is illegal under international or local law is forbidden
   by this licence. Any such action is the sole responsibility of the person
   committing the action.

2) The program may be used free of charge by any person or organisation to
   whom it is made available, provided that that person accepts the conditions
   of this licence.

3) The program may be copied and distributed by any person or organisation in
   any way whatsoever, provided that any distribution is accompanied by a copy
   of the Readme file pertaining to the program. You may not charge for
   distributing the program without first informing the person to whom it is
   distributed that analog is free software.

< This is a weird requirement. We do publisize a lot that debian is free
software, but is that good enough to meet this requirement? >

   Furthermore, you may not charge
   for distributing a modified version of the program unless the source code
   for the modified version, or a list of differences between the modified
   version and the original version, is publicly and freely available in
   machine readable form.
   [A copy of the Readme may be downloaded from the analog home page,
   currently at http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/analog/ and mirrored at
   http://www.gamesdomain.com/analog/ and other sites. You are strongly
   encouraged to distribute only complete distributions. If you distribute
   analog with a book or something like that, I'd be pleased if you wanted
   to send me a copy].

4) You may make a reasonable charge for either of the following services,
   provided in each case that the third party is made aware that analog is free
   software and that the charge is therefore for your labour, expertise and
   costs.
   i) Installing the program on a computer on behalf of a third party;
  ii) Running the program and providing output from it to a third party.
   You may not charge for these services in connection with a modified version
   of the program unless the source code for the modified version, or a list
   of differences between the modified version and the original version, is
   publicly and freely available in machine readable form.

5) You may modify the program in any way you wish provided that all of the
   following conditions are met:
   i) Any modification in the source code is clearly marked as such;
  ii) No modification is made to the Readme file;
      [Any documentation needed on your changes must therefore be made in a
      separate file].

< A problem since I have to modify the readme to fix URLs and so on. Would
it be ok to make a copy of the readme, and modify that, keeping an untouched
version in the package? >

 iii) The VNUMBER string is changed to "2.11(modified)";
      [This string can be found near the top of analhea2.h].
  iv) You ensure that the HTML2.0 logo is never produced except when the
      output is HTML2.0 conformant;
      [This logo is produced near the bottom of output.c. An HTML validator
      can be found at http://www.webtechs.com/html-val-svc/]
   v) All of the conditions of this licence, and no other conditions, apply to
      your modified version.
   You may claim copyright for the parts of the program you have written.
   [You are encouraged to submit your changes to me for inclusion in subsequent
   versions of analog].

6) No warranty of any sort, expressed or implied, is provided in connection
   with the program, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of
   merchantibility or fitness for a particular purpose. Any cost, loss or
   damage of any sort incurred owing to the malfunction or misuse of the
   program or the inaccuracy of the documentation or connected with the program
   in any other way whatsoever is the responsibility of the person who incurred
   the cost, loss or damage. By using this program you give up any right to
   seek any damages against me in connection with this program.

7) I, Stephen Turner, reserve the right to make exceptions to any of these
   conditions, or alter these conditions, at any time. However, you may always
   use these conditions instead of any altered version if you prefer.
   [Note that this licence explicitly applies only to one version of
   analog. Therefore, if I make new conditions in connection with a future
   version, you do not then have the right to apply these conditions to that
   version instead].

                                              Stephen R. E. Turner
                                              Statistical Laboratory,
                                              University of Cambridge