Re: Modem strings / Multiple isp numbers (was: Re: Uploaded pppupd 0.23-1)

On Tue, 26 Aug 1997, Lindsay Allen wrote:

> Hi Brandon,
>
> I might have the answer for you.  There must be a one second quiet period
> after the "+++".  In fact I would have one before the "+++" as well.
>
> On Mon, 25 Aug 1997, Brandon Mitchell wrote:
>
> >   for i in /etc/ppp/scripts/*; do
> >     /usr/sbin/chat -v -f $i && exit 0
> > #    This next section is the problem, it should probably be a chatscript
> > #    e.g. /etc/ppp/reset.chat
>        sleep 1
> > #    echo "+++"
>        sleep 1
> > #    read x     # OK
> > #    echo "ATH0"
> > #    read y     # NO CONNECT
> >     sleep 10
> >   done
> > done

Sounds like this may be the problem.  Does anyone have the ability to test
this?  I won't for another several months.

Thanks Lindsay,
Brandon

-----
Brandon Mitchell                         E-mail: bhmit1@mail.wm.edu
  Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/7877/home.html
                  PGP: finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu
"We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds."
	--Linus Torvalds