requirements for hamm?

Hi.  I'm working on the debian i386 clisp package.  I'm going to compile
under libc6,  but I've discovered that hte new release of clisp includes
X11 support.  What (specifically) do I need to do to ensure that my
package will be hamm-compatible?  Shoud I install xlibs from unstable to
compile?  I'm new to this,  so any help you can offer is appreciated.

						Thanks.

                     					Will

			         harpo@udel.edu
               		       lowe@cis.udel.edu