Re: svgalib libc6 (was: GS alladin 5.02 is out)

On Wed, Aug 06, 1997 at 05:37:38PM +0200, joost witteveen wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 03, 1997 at 10:45:27PM +0200, joost witteveen wrote:
> > > As it's non-free, I don't want to play funny tricks to make it compile
> > > for libc5, and as it should use svgalib, I cannot build it for libc6.

> What version did you compile? The debian 1.2.10 release?
> That one for sure doesn't compile on a mashine that is setup to
> compile for libc6 stuff (I.e. has the hamm gcc, and libc6-dev installed).
>
> Or the "official" 1.2.11? That one apparently is different from
> the 1.2.11 I've been testing, and apparently the official 1.2.11
> apparently does compile and work OK.

I only have the version from hamm. It just worked! How are you testing
it to get a segfault -- does it segfault immediately, or only on
particular things? I have viewed PS and PDF files in both x11
(with gv) and svgalib successfully with it. I used 5.02,
and linked against the shared (Debian) zlib and libpng.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt, StudIEAust                                 hmoffatt@mail.com
Student, computer science & computer systems engineering.    3rd year, RMIT.