Re: Libc6 Upgrade Howto?

> Is there a HOWTO on howto upgrade from 1.3.x to unstable with libc6?
> I'm the new maintainer for uudeview and now have a machine available to
> run as a developement machine.  I tried to upgrade to unstable with
> dselect, first upgrading dpkg, but just ran into a maze of dependicies
> that left my machine a mess.  I had to re-install 1.3.1 on it.
>
> Whats the trick to this?

No trick - you just had to realize that there was a lot of new packages
stuck in Incoming - so the dependencies were difficult to sort out.
Guy is back from vacation, so most of the packages have now been
installed.

Also, there are still quite a few "-dev" packages that aren't available
for libc6 yet - and you can't use the old "-dev" packages for libc5
with libc6-dev.

Cheers,

 - Jim