Re: boot-time kernel selection and /System.map mismatch

Hi,
>>"Bill" == Bill Mitchell <mitchell@mozcom.com> writes:

Bill> 2.  During system init, try to find a .map file matching the
Bill> booted kernel and symlink /System.map to it.

	This is easy.

#!/bin/sh
# /etc/rc.boot/10setmap

set -e

cd /
VERSION=`uname -r`

if test -L /System.map ; then
   if test -f /boot/System.map-$VERSION ; then
      rm -f /System.map
      ln -s /boot/System.map-$VERSION System.map
   fi
fi

	manoj
--
 "I've seen many politicians paralyzed in the legs as myself, but I've
 seen more of them who were paralyzed in the head" George Wallace