Re: [Q] How do I get rid of 'no utmp entry available'

  Dirk> Whenever I now run a dpkg-* tool, I get
  Dirk>
  Dirk> no utmp entry available, using value of LOGNAME ("edd") at
  Dirk> /usr/lib/dpkg/controllib.pl line 16.
  Johnie> Could someone please just kill that whole 8-line block?  I
  Johnie> personally am getting tired of told my utmp entry doesn't match my
  Johnie> LOGNAME -- it complains at least 8 times in the last phase of
  Johnie> package build (after a "su" to root).
  Johnie>
  Johnie> I tend to build from rxvt sessions, if that matters.

You made my day !! It is rxvt's fault as it does not occur in an xterm!
I was going nuts, I even rebooted another time to no avail.

As rxvt-debian and xterm have identical modes, I presume that this fails
because rxvt is still a libc5 program.

Any comments from the libc5 and rxvt maintainers?  Shouldn't the utmp wrapper
work for libc5 and libc6 programs?

--
edd@debian.org  edd@rosebud.sps.queensu.ca  http://rosebud.sps.queensu.ca/~edd
PGP KeyID 1024/6D7F08DD     Boycott Internet Spam: http://www.vix.com/pub/spam