Re: Bug Reporting system

Brandon Mitchell wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jul 1997, Goswin Brederlow wrote:
> [snip]
>
> What if bug reports for architecture specific problems (when the
> maintainer doesn't support that architecture) are sent to both the
> maintainer and an architecture specific debian-devel list (if it exist)?
>
> Comments?
> Brandon

Yes, sounds good. I intended something like that with the proposal.

We could have some person being reponsible for architecture dependand
bugs of a given architecture in general recieve the mail (also that
might be too much work for him) and then decide who to ask or what
action to take.

The most important thing is that if someone makes a bugreport for say
kernel-source on arch bla that he can fill a proper bugreport and that
the bugreport is delivered to the right list and not to debian-devel
where most people don't care about arch bla.

May the source be with you.
			Mrvn