Re: Can I use PGP software?

On 25 Jul 1997, Guy Maor wrote:

> > Am 22.07.97 schrieb eparis # ven.ra.rockwell.com ...
> >
> > Moin "Eloy!
> >
> > "EAP> Can I use PGP software even if I live outside the US? Where can I find
> > "EAP> it?
> >
> > In most countries you can. Some countries like France don't allow it.
>
> I believe authentication is legal in France.  Only encryption is not.

Right. Encryption is illegal in France, Iraq, China & Packistan(sp?).

(Well, to be completly exact, you can get a "crypt" licence in France, but
it's only given to Banks or Big corporations. Individuals can forget about
it.)

	Cordialement,

--
-  vincent@debian.org     | RENARDIAS Vincent |          vincent@waw.com  -