Re: Uploaded abuse 2.00-1 (source i386) to master

Joey Hess wrote:
> Mark Baker wrote:
> > Could you split the binary package into two? I don't use svgalib, and I
> > know other people who don't use X; in any case the chances of someone
> > using both versions of the same game seems small.
>
> Ok, I've been thinking about doing that, and you gave me the extra push.

Now that I look at the situation, I'm reconsidering this. The total size of
the abuse package now is 1.5 MB, however, if I split up the package into
abuse-x11 and abuse-svga, there will be 1 file, lnx_sdrv, the sound driver
program, which needs to be available for both packages. This would mean I'd
have to make a third package with this one file in it that is just 16 K in
size. I hate introducing a new package for something that small.

I wonder if it would be good enough to make abuse depend on svgalib | xlib,
so you only need to install one of xlib or svgalib?

--
see shy jo