On re-arranging the FTP archive

From: Bill Mitchell <mitchell@mozcom.com>
> I was thinking of something like this:

Bill,

We are going to be moving the master site to another location than
I-Connect. We don't have a schedule for the move, but I-Connect has
"paid their dues" and is ready for someone else to take on the load.
Most of the load of this move will be on Guy Maor. Thus, I'd like to
make Guy's job a whole lot easier by not making any changes to the
archive organization at this time unless _he_ feels they are
necessary.

Also, once we have time for re-arranging the FTP archive, I want to be
sure that the arrangement is something that Guy and I agree on. I have
a few policy points that I want enforced about the archive arrangement,
and Guy has complete and sole authority to decide the organization of
the FTP archive after I make those few policy points. Anyone who wants
changes made to the FTP archive is going to have to request those
changes of Guy, and will have to convince him that they are necessary.

I want you to know this because this discussion you are having about
the FTP archive organization could end up being theoretical. It's
something we're definitely not going to work on in the near term, and
in the long term the decision is in the hands of the volunteer who has
automated our entire archive and upload management system and has
handled everything about it so well.

	Thanks

	Bruce Perens
	Debian Project Leader