Signing new developer's keys

Hi all,

Just a thought...

In the two months or so that I've been on this list
I've seen numerous requests from new developers wanting
to have their key signed. (I am currently in this
situation, so if there are any developers in Adelaide,
Australia please send me email if you wouldn't mind
meeting me and signing my key - thanks.)

If this is a regular occurrence (and it seems that it is),
perhaps we should have a formal list made up of developers
willing to meet new developers in their area.

It might become part of the Debian Developers Reference
and budding young developers could simply look through the
list for their area (or somewhere they were willing to
travel to) and email the appropriate person to set a time.

For the safety of the developers we would need to set a
policy where the meeting would be in a public place --- say,
a cafe --- and the new developer would bring along their
birth certificate or photo drivers licence or whatever (which
would be set in the policy) along with their pgp fingerprint
or perhaps a floppy containing their pgp key. With everything
following a set procedure it should be easier, safer, and
even more beneficial because the developers might be able to
work together even (although sometimes two people can be
only half as productive as one ;)

Of course, if there is noone in your particular area you
would still have to use the methods we currently use.

So, any feedback? discussion?

Regards,

Mark Mickan
mmickan@ozemail.com.au