Re: why libbsd-compat.a ?

In article <19970716192811.35174@dungeon.inka.de>,
Andreas Jellinghaus <aj@dungeon.inka.de> wrote:
>why has libc6 libbsd-compat.a ?
>there is no link to libbsd.a ...

libbsd-compat.a != libbsd.a as libc5 used it.

When I was porting stuff to the Alpha, I also ported libbsd from libc5 to
Alpha/Gnu-libc. It should be around somewhere - there still is a
binary-alpha/devel/libbsd_5.2.18-1.deb file on the debian mirrors.

Perhaps libbsd and libbsd-compat should be merged and the diffs sent
back to the GNU libc maintainers. Any volunteers? :)

Mike.
--
| Miquel van Smoorenburg |  "I need more space" "Well, why not move to Texas" |
| miquels@cistron.nl     |  "No, on my account, stupid." "Stupid? Uh-oh.."    |