Re: debian 2.0 announcement

aqy6633@is5.nyu.edu said:
> > Debian 2.0 will continue to support the LIBC 5 aplications that
> > currently run under Debian 1.3 and other Linux distributions.
>
> Shouldn't it say that Debian 2.0 will continue to support not only
> libc5 applications but also libc5 application _development_.

I'd like to support this. We use precompiled libraries for some of our
research work which will most likely be libc5 based for a while. Dropping
libc5 _development_ support from Debian 2.0 would make it impossible for us to
upgrade until we can get libc6-based versionos of the third party libraries we
use.

			Cheers,
				Lukas
   Dr. Lukas Nellen                 | Email: lukas@ft.ifisicacu.unam.mx
   Depto. de Fisica Teorica, IFUNAM |
   Apdo. Postal 20-364              | Tel.:  +52 5 622 5166
   01000 Mexico D.F., MEXICO        | Fax:   +52 5 622 5015